|Whirlwind Light Gatling Gun Specs|
|Direct Damage:||7.5 Piercing|
|Burst Damage:||10 Shatter|
|Burst Radius:||0 meters|
|Effective Vs:||Armor, Guns, Engines|
|Rate of Fire:||8.33 bullets/s|
|Reload Time:||5 seconds|
|Projectile Speed:||500 m/s|
|Spread at Max Range:||18 meters|
|Movement and Arcs|
|Horizontal Angles:||50 deg Left; 50 deg Right|
|Vertical Angles:||25 deg Up; 50 deg Down|
|Horizontal Turn:||90 deg/s|
|Vertical Turn:||100 deg/s|
|“||A close-range piercing weapon with a very high fire rate, singularly effective against armor.||”|
The Whirlwind Light Gatling Gun is a short range, armor breaking weapon. Rapidly propelling numerous bullets per second which each cause both Piercing and Shatter damage makes the weapon both a good armor breaking and disable weapon at close ranges.
It is one of the few raycast type weapons currently in the game.
Common Tactics Edit
The Whirlwind Light Gatling Gun is primarily used as a close range, high DPS, armor breaking weapon. Combining the high piercing damage of the weapon with a kill weapon yields very short killing times if timed correctly.
The Gatling Gun is usually paired up with other close range kill weapons, like the Scylla Double-Barreled Mortar - to achieve short and efficient kill times. The Gatling and Mortar combination is most commonly seen on the front weapons slots of the Pyramidion, or on the side of a Junker. In addition to being paired up with kill weapons, the Gatling Gun is also paired with the Barking Dog Light Carronade or the Dragon Tongue Light Flamethrower to achieve heavy disable and control abilities. The Light Carronade and Gatling Gun combination is also most commonly mounted on the front weapon slots of the Pyramidion. In addition, the Whirlwind Light Gatling Gun is also usually mounted on the port guns slot of close range Galleons to provide piercing support to the heavy weapons on the port.
A major weakness of the Whirlwind Light Gatling Gun is its short effective range. With the added jitter, the weapon cannot be a good support at medium ranges where other piercing weapons like the Hades Light Cannon would excel, due to their superior range. In addition, the animation of the bullets and the actual trajectory of them, do not correspond - with the weapon needing more leading of the target than it appears to, inexperienced players may therefore find trouble achieving consistent hit markers.
Commonly Used Ammunition Edit
- High DPS.
- Significantly reduces the effective range.
- Clip size increased to 98 bullets.
- Increased effective range due to decreased jitter - smaller spread.
- Lower DPS.
- Decreased rate of fire to 6.66 bullets/s.
- Very situational, in general not effective at range because of maximum spread of 30 meters at maximum range. Hades Light Cannon should be preferred to provide medium range Piercing damage. Usage in trifectas on Spire or Galleon with the option to switch to default ammunition for closer enemies (no arming time restriction against charging enemies).
- Low DPС.
- Increased range to 765 meters.
- Reduced clip size to 57 bullets.
- Maximum DPS.
- Maximum effective range due to decreased jitter - smaller spread.
- Clip size reduced to 33 bullets.
- Situational, gun takes 6 damage per shot.
- Increased effective range due to decreased jitter.
- Increased range to 540 meters.
- Reduced clip size to 66 bullets.
- Insignificantly increased basic DPC, insignificantly decreased basic DPS, real DPS can increase with the effect of less spread.