Airships ‣ Squid
|Hull Armor:||335 HP|
|Ship Health:||450 HP|
|Balloon Health:||1200 HP|
|Light Weapon Slots:||3|
|Heavy Weapon Slots:||0|
|Max Speed:||47.00 m/s|
|Max Turn Speed:||19.11 deg/s|
|Turn Acceleration:||19.99 deg/s²|
|Max Vertical Speed:||17.00 m/s|
|Vertical Acceleration:||4.00 m/s²|
|Lift Force:||380,000 N|
|Hull Profile:||448 m²|
|Balloon Profile:||672 m²|
The aft gun is angled 40 degrees from the center to the starboard.
|“||A catamaran originally of Chaladonian design, the delicate Squid cuts a distinctive figure with its split deck, off-center helm, and tripartite hull. Prized for its speed and maneuverability, the Squid is popular as an assault and raiding vessel. In battle, the nimble Squid can gain a positional advantage and protect its unarmed port-side flank by outmaneuvering heavier, slower ships.||”|
Prized for their speed and maneuverability, Squids are popular as assault and raiding vessels and can be quite menacing when properly outfitted. Though lightweight and lightly armored, they can outmaneuver most other ship classes and are adept at harassing opponents with lightning strikes. They tend to come in fast and furious, guns blazing, and go rather more ponderously when they depart, their ample holds weighted with spoils.
Ship Layout Edit
Deck Layout Edit
The Squid is constructed of three main platforms connected by narrow bridges, alongside a small raised deck at the rear of the ship. The hull of the ship is positioned at the end of a set of stairs going down in the middle platform of the ship.
A key feature of the squid is the location of the helm on the port side of the ship.
The Squid has three light weapon slots.
- Slot 1 is located on the middle platform at the fore of the ship, facing forward.
- Slot 2 is located on the right platform, facing right.
- Slot 3 is located on the raised rear deck at the aft of the ship, 40 degrees turned from the center to starboard.
Slots 1 and 2 serve as the Squid’s main use guns, they usually have overlapping fields of fire to counteract the reasonably low firepower of the ship. The front gun can be manned constantly due to the relative separation of it from other main components, in contrast to the right gun being close to critical components such as the balloon and some engines. The aft gun can be either used as a backup, or utility gun - in the form of a Phobos Mine Launcher or a Beacon Flare Gun. Alternatively, it can be used as a weapon in a bifecta between the second gun slot and the third gun slot for more diverse damage potential.
The main platform contains the hull, balloon, two engines, and both the front and the aft guns. Both engines are accessible for repairs via jumping from the left or the right platforms just below the engines. The left platform, holds the helm, alongside one engine. While the right platform holds the right side gun, alongside one engine. It is possible to perform a jump from the raised rear deck to land on the right or left platforms for various efficient repair methods.
Crew Roles Edit
- Due to the isolated helm position relative to other components, it is not advised for the pilot to help in maintaining any component.
Main Engineer Edit
- The Main Engineer is responsible for keeping the most critical components like the armor, balloon and engines in shape.
- There are two common repair cycles, the first cycle consists of the main engineer repairing the armor, next the balloon, following with both engines on the raised rear deck, and subsequently jumping down to the left platform to repair the left side engine. The second repair cycle is done by starting at the armor, going over to the balloon, and then continuing to the left platform to repair both of the left engines via jumping to reach the raised one.
In addition, the Main Engineer is often in charge of shooting the rear gun, making the repair cycle that involves three engines favorable due to accessibility.
- The Squid is both a fragile and an agile ship, due to this fact, the Squid relies on its engines to dodge and outmaneuver enemy ships. A Squid with damaged engines is vulnerable to attacks. As a result, the Main Engineer often has to prioritize the repair of the engines over other components to keep it in the battle.
Secondary Engineer Edit
- The Secondary Engineer is both in charge of shooting the right side gun, and perform a portion of the repairs done on the ship. The secondary engineer is assigned to take care of the engines that are not taken care of by the main engineer, with addition of helping to rebuild the balloon or with general repairs in times of need.
- The Secondary Engineer is usually expected to carry the Dynabuff Industries Kit to support the ship with higher engine and balloon performance - for increased maneuverability.
Gunner/Third Engineer Edit
- The front gun, is usually manned by either a Gunner with superior ammunition choices, or a buff engineer to maximize DPS. In case of the Squid’s retreat, this crew member will either help with armor repairs, man the rear gun to fend off possible pursuers or form a bi-fecta with the starboard side gun.