Airships ‣ Shrike
|Hull Armor:||425 HP|
|Ship Health:||650 HP|
|Balloon Health:||1200 HP|
|Light Weapon Slots:||2|
|Heavy Weapon Slots:||2|
|Max Speed:||40.00 m/s|
|Max Turn Speed:||15.00 deg/s|
|Turn Acceleration:||7.50 deg/s²|
|Max Vertical Speed:||17.00 m/s|
|Vertical Acceleration:||2.50 m/s²|
|Lift Force:||395,000 N|
The Shrike is a fast and agile broadsider, able to quickly move into and out of the fight. Despite having low vertical mobility, it makes up for these weakness in its sheer forward acceleration and speed. A relatively difficult ship to fly, the Shrike's movements are filled with quick repositions with the aim of devastating an enemy ship with it's powerful broadsides, however, with it's low health stats, one wrong move can quickly spell death.
The Shrike is Alliance's faction-specific ship of the Order of Chaladon. It is the first ship from Alliance to make its way into PvP.
The Shrike has a long slim upper deck which spans from the front of the ship all the way to the rear, where it connects to two raised platforms. The wider and shorter lower deck can be accessed by two sets of stairs towards the rear of the ship or by jumping down from the upper deck.
- Slots 1 and slot 2 are the heavy weapons, located at the fore of the lower deck, and point directly out to either side.
- Slots 3 and slot 4 are the light weapons, located at the fore of the upper deck, and point directly out to either side.
The Shrike brings a wild array of different broadside combinations. Sometimes each side is dedicated to a particular range or strategy. However, quite often the Shrike brings symmetrical broadsides and rapidly switches between them to compensate for the long reload times of some guns such as the Manticore Heavy Hwacha.
- The hull component is located towards the rear of the upper deck, between the two sets of stairs that lead to the lower deck.
- The balloon is located at the fore of the upper deck, between the two light guns.
- The two heavy turning engines are located on the raised platforms at the rear of the upper deck, they can also be accessed from the lower deck by jumping or climb onto the railings beneath them.
- The light engine is located at the aft of the lower deck, between the two sets of stairs that lead to the upper deck.
- The helm is located at the fore of the lower deck, between the two heavy guns. Visibility is blocked by the upper deck.
Overall, the Shrike has arguably the most compact deck layout and its components are very close together. On the other side, its decks are composed of many ramps that slightly slow down movement.
- In cases in which ship movement is not in top priority, the pilot is able to help repairing and rebuilding the heavy weapons.
- Pilot tools set for increase speed and maneuverability of ship is strongly recommended, like Kerosene, Phoenix Claw and Hydrogen Canister, with possible variation.
- The main engineer is responsible for maintaining the armor and two heavy engines, they may also be called on to assist in maintaining the balloon, heavy weapons or the light engine.
- The main engineer usually brings a mallet, spanner and fire-fighting tool for this purpose.
- The forward engineer is responsible for shooting and maintaining the two light weapons as well as maintaining the balloon and assist with hull rebuild.
- They often bring a Pipe Wrench, Dynabuff Industries Kit and fire-fighting tool in order to maximize the ship's maneuverability by buffing the balloon and engines, and increase damage output from light gun.
- The Gunner is responsible for shooting and maintaining the two heavy weapons and often help with maintaining the light engine.