Airships ‣ Mobula
|Hull Armor:||600 HP|
|Ship Health:||700 HP|
|Balloon Health:||1200 HP|
|Light Weapon Slots:||5|
|Heavy Weapon Slots:||0|
|Max Speed:||28 m/s|
|Max Turn Speed:||14.02 deg/s|
|Turn Acceleration:||3.50 deg/s²|
|Max Vertical Speed:||15 m/s|
|Vertical Acceleration:||5.5 m/s²|
|Lift Force:||570,000 N|
|Hull Profile:||900 m²|
|Balloon Profile:||1568 m²|
The all wing light guns are angled 40° away from the center.
|“||Legend has it that the first Mobula was constructed by Vastness shipwrights for a princess or wealthy merchant who demanded a pleasure barge from which she might enjoy an unobstructed view of the night sky. The subducted balloon and broad, exposed weather deck of the Mobula lend it an unmistakable sihouette quite unlike that of typical suspended-gondola designs. With its low profile and fore-mounted weapons, the Mobula is adept at skimming at low altitudes to prey upon enemies from below.||”|
The Mobula is a ligh ship with poor turning capabilities and exceptionally good vertical mobility - which grants the Mobula extraordinary vertical dodging potential. The Mobula has a wide hull and a large balloon profile, pairing with a unique design in which the balloon is positioned below the hull.
The Mobula has a substantial firepower, which is completely focused on the front of the ship. However, due to the Mobula’s poor turning capabilities it can be caught off guard by flanking maneuvers.
The Mobula consists of a large top deck spanning the length of the ship’s hull and supporting the balloon in place. In addition, a small elevated platform is located at the center of the ship, as an overhang above a corridor leading to the helm. Two ladders at the front, and two at the back of the ship, lead to lowered platforms that form the lower deck.
The lower deck crosses through the bowels of the ship, and is split into two sections, a port side and a starboard side section where balloon and hull components are located.
The Mobula has 5 light weapon slots.
- Slot 1 is positioned at the entry platform to the right section of the lower deck, at the front of the ship - angled 40 degrees away from the center to starboard, facing forward.
- Slot 2 is positioned at the entry platform to the left section of the lower deck, at the front of the ship - angled 40 degrees away from the center to port, facing forward.
- Slot 3 is positioned at the elevated platform, at the front of the ship, facing forward.
- Slot 4 is positioned at the right side of the top deck, at the front of the ship - angled 40 degrees away from the center to starboard, facing forward.
- Slot 5 is positioned at the left side of the top deck, at the front of the ship - angled 40 degrees away from the center to port, facing forward.
With the large amount of weapon combinations and overlapping firing arcs - the Mobula is a flexible ship for carrying various tasks. It is often used to great effect with multi-range weapon combinations, as well as combinations of guns for kill and disable.
The Mobula’s helm is located at the middle of the top deck, in the front of the ship.
The balloon component is located at a small chamber in the starboard side section of the lower deck, which can be reached from two entry points - one at the front, and one at the rear of the right side of the ship. The chamber is slightly closer to the back of the ship.
The hull component is accessed through the port side section of the lower deck, which too, has two entry points at the front and the rear of the left side of the ship. It is slightly closer to the front of the ship.
The heavy engine, is located at the back of a thin, elevated platform, above the center of the top deck. It is possible to access it from below. The two light engines are located at the back entry points to both the right and the left sections of the lower deck.
- In cases in which ship movement is not in top priority, the pilot is able to help rebuild or extinguish the gun positioned above the helm. He should bring a either a Shifting Spanner or Fire Extinguisher.
- The pilot can also mount the middle gun using the same trick as with the repair, allowing the gunner to shoot mainly the side guns.
- The hull engineer will maintain the armor and left side light engine, while maintaining and shooting both left side guns. In addition, the hull engineer will help in extinguishing fires at the middle top gun and heavy engine.
- The balloon engineer will maintain the balloon and right side light engine, while maintaining and shooting both right side guns. In addition, the balloon engineer will help in extinguishing fires at the middle top gun and heavy engine.
- The gunner will shoot primarily the middle top gun, and any of the non-occupied top deck guns. In addition, the gunner will maintain the heavy engine.