|Mercury Field Gun Specs|
|Direct Damage:||75 Piercing|
|Burst Damage:||300 Shatter|
|Burst Radius:||1.25 meters|
|Effective Vs:||Armor, Guns, Engines|
|Rate of Fire:||0.5 bullets/s|
|Reload Time:||6 seconds|
|Projectile Speed:||750 m/s|
|Shell Drop:||15 m/s²|
|Movement and Arcs|
|Horizontal Angles:||15 deg Left; 15 deg Right|
|Vertical Angles:||15 deg Up; 5 deg Down|
|Horizontal Turn:||35 deg/s|
|Vertical Turn:||35 deg/s|
|“||A slow-firing, long-ranged scoped cannon that fires powerful explosive rounds.||”|
A slow-firing, long-range scoped cannon that fires powerful piercing damage shells. The Mercury Field Gun is a highly accurate, long range disable and armor stripping weapon. The Mercury Field Gun works best when paired with other long range weapons due to it's limited firing arc.
Common Tactics Edit
The Mercury Field Gun is generally used as long range armor breaking and disabling weapon. It is usually used in combination with other long range kill weapons to achieve range synergy.
The Mercury Field Gun is most commonly paired up with the Artemis Light Rocket Launcher for supportive explosive and shatter damage types that correspond to the long range of the mercury. The Mercury and Artemis combination is usually found on the front of the Pyramidion or on the Mobula, with the middle top gun being mercury, and Artemis on the wings - for long range disable and kill combinations. Less commonly, the mercury is paired up with a second mercury, on the front of the Pyramidion or the sides of a Junker for extremely high disable and piercing potential.
The Mercury Field Gun's most noticeable weakness, is it's limited firing arcs. A maneuverable airship could easily slip out of it's arcs, whether using vertical or horizontal mobility. For this reason, the mercury is considered exclusively a long range weapon - where the enemy is easier to keep in firing arc.
Commonly Used Ammunition Edit
- Maximized DPS (unbuffed).
- Clip size unchanged.
- Increases clip size to 3 shots, benefiting the disable factor of the mercury.
- Maximises DPS and DPC when buffed.
- Decreased projectile speed - making the arcing nature of the projectile trail more extreme, and thus, harder to shoot accurately. It is recommended to use heatsink clip at close to medium ranges for that reason.
- Situational for long to super long range disables (3825 meters maximum range).
- Clip sized reduced to one shot.
- Sometimes even though the shooting animation triggers, the gun doesn't shoot and the original amount of bullets before the "fake shot" is still in the gun.
Through early footage of the game, it can be heard that this gun was originally called at some point the "Howitzer"