Airships ‣ Magnate
|Hull Armor:||620 HP|
|Ship Health:||1100 HP|
|Balloon Health:||1200 HP|
|Light Weapon Slots:||4|
|Heavy Weapon Slots:||2|
|Max Speed:||26.01 m/s|
|Max Turn Speed:||15 deg/s|
|Turn Acceleration:||4.5 deg/s²|
|Max Vertical Speed:||17.06 m/s|
|Vertical Acceleration:||3.5 m/s²|
|Lift Force:||375000 N|
Fore light guns are angled 30° away from the center. Middle light and rear heavy side guns are angled 60° away from the center.
The Magnate is a large and slow ship, with average maneuvering capabilities. Both long and wide hull and large ballon make it easy to hit target, but allow ship to bring considerable firepower. Broadside guns angled to forward, what allow positioning ship more easy, but make blind spot of aft of ship little more. Low mass for this size of ship make it very vulnerable for ram.
The Magnate is Alliance's faction-specific ship of the Mercantile Guild.
The Magnate consists of a long upper deck which extends from the front of the ship to the rear, and divide to two part lower deck narrow in fore and wide in aft. Ramp on each side lead from fore of the lower deck to upper deck and ladder on each side lead from aft of the lower deck to upper deck. Access from the front of the lower deck to the aft, passing the upper deck, is possible only with a jump through the gap on the side of the ship, which is risky enough.
The Magnate has 4 light weapon slots and 2 heavy weapon slots.
- Slots 1 and 2 are heavy weapons located on the lower deck in aft part of the ship, one for each side and angled 60 deegree away from the the center.
- Slot 3 and 4 are light weapons located on the lower deck at the fore of the ship, one for each side and angled 30 deegree away from the the center.
- Slots 5 and 6 are are light weapons located on the upper deck in midship, one for each side and angled 60 deegree away from the the center. Guns in this slots can be reached not only from fore deck and upper deck, but from aft of lower deck as well, by jump on rails next to heavy gun slots.
Despite the arrangement of the front guns directed more forward, the arrangement of heavy guns assumes the use of broadside tactics as the main one. Each side can be dedicated to a certain range or tactic. The location of the slot in relation to the center line of the ship should be considered when installing guns to make arc overlap.
- The hull component is located at lower deck in the fore part of the ship.
- The balloon is located at the rear end of lower deck on center line of ship.
- Two turning light engines is locate at rear end of lower deck widely in the corners.
- The main engine is located at rear end of upper deck, above the balloon component. It can be repaired from below by jumping onto the rails surrounding the balloon from behind and jumping once more to reach it, to avoide more long way form lower deck to upper deck by laddders.
- The helm is located at the fore of the upper deck. It's possible to reach to helm with jump from corner of hull component raised platform.
- In cases in which ship movement is not in top priority, pilot can jump down to lower deck to help with maintaining the armor, or shoot one of the fore light guns in order to maximize damage output. However back way to helm by the ramp to upper deck is long enough and attemp to jump to helm from hull platform is too tricky, which can lead to a critical loss of control of the ship.
Fore Engineer Edit
- The Fore Engineer is responsible for firing the forward gun and repairing the hull. In cases where hull in safe, he can reach the midship guns or even help with maintenance main engine.
Aft Engineer Edit
- The Aft Engineer is responsible for maintaining the all engines and balloon, and also for manning the upper deck guns in the midship.
- The Gunner shoots the heavy gun, and often the light gun on the upper deck, with a good sense of balance he can reach both by moving on rails on lower deck between this two guns. In cases where the gunner is not able to provide support with using his guns in an engagement, he can help for repairing the balloon and turning engines.