|Lumberjack Heavy Mortar Specs|
|Direct Damage:||50 Shatter|
|Burst Damage:||300 Flechette|
|Burst Radius:||12 meters|
|Arming Time:||0.8 seconds|
|Arming Range:||220 meters|
|Effective Vs:||Guns, Engines, Balloon|
|Rate of Fire:||0.8 bullets/s|
|Reload Time:||8 seconds|
|Projectile Speed:||275 m/s|
|Shell Drop:||20 m/s²|
|Movement and Arcs|
|Horizontal Angles:||15 deg Left; 15 deg Right|
|Vertical Angles:||65 deg Up; 25 deg Down|
|Horizontal Turn:||15 deg/s|
|Vertical Turn:||25 deg/s|
|“||High arcing weapon with balloon damaging Flechette AoE. Arming time of 0.8 seconds. No AoE under 220m.||”|
The Lumberjack Heavy Mortar is a high-arcing mortar type weapon with balloon damaging Flechette. The Lumberjack is an excellent mid and long-range weapon for destroying balloons and thus controlling the enemy's vertical position. In addition, although the gun has a long effective range, the projectile's drop makes aiming for inexperienced users difficult. This weapon has very high upward arc, making using this weapon at lower altitudes than the target especially effective if your are below the enemy's arcs.
Common Tactics Edit
The Lumberjack Heavy Mortar can destroy every balloon with one clip at very long range up to medium close range. Lesmok Rounds are required for reliable hits at long range.
This heavy sniping gun is very effective in long range engagements. It can outrange all guns except the Mercury Field Gun. The huge AoE radius and the fact that most ships have a large balloon makes most hits an effective hit (balloon hit), especially at range. Arming range for default ammunition is 220 meters but can be decreased with special ammunitions. Its high arc allows for special positioning below enemies gun arcs before dropping them on the ground by destroying their balloon.
The Lumberjack is commonly paired with a Hades Light Cannon (similar arcs) for Piercing support and mostly found on a Spire or Galleon. On a Galleon it is usually accompanied by a Typhon Heavy Flak Cannon for high Hull damage, or sometimes even with a second Lumberjack. Rarely seen on a Goldfish for the reason that the Lumberjack is considered to be strictly a support gun.
The weaknesses of a Lumberjack are very limited horizontal arcs and long arming range. Because of this, positioning close to this gun is a good way to counter it. The Lumberjack is a very advanced gun and requires experience to shoot, only for master gunners.
Different ammunition types improve the effectiveness of this gun a lot. A Gunner therefore is recommended for shooting it.
Commonly Used Ammunition Edit
With an arming time of 0.8 seconds, arming range with default ammunition is 220 meters.
- Improves long range - projectile speed, range and trajectory.
- Clip size reduced to 4.
- Projectile speed increased to 467.5 m/s and reduces shell drop.
- Effective range increased to 2805 meters and arming range to 374 meters.
- AoE radius increased to 18 meters.
- Slightly lower fire rate and DPS than standard ammo.
- Maximizes DPS, two shots balloon.
- Clip size reduced to 5.
- One shot will pop a balloon that has been rebuilt and hit once with a mallet.
- Similar DPS to Charged Rounds, however, with less range and projectile speed. Often used for reduced arming range.
- Clip size increased to 7.
- Arming range reduced to 176 meters.
- Used for its reduced arming time at close range.
- Decreases clip size to 2.
- Arming range reduced to 88 meters.
- One shots every balloon when armed.
- Shooting with Lochnagar Shot sometimes doesn't destroy the enemy balloon even if hit directly and armed.