Airships ‣ Galleon
|Hull Armor:||800 HP|
|Ship Health:||1400 HP|
|Balloon Health:||1200 HP|
|Light Weapon Slots:||2|
|Heavy Weapon Slots:||4|
|Max Speed:||30.02 m/s|
|Max Turn Speed:||8.02 deg/s|
|Turn Acceleration:||5.06 deg/s²|
|Max Vertical Speed:||17.01 m/s|
|Vertical Acceleration:||2.25 m/s²|
|Lift Force:||720,000 N|
|Hull Profile:||900 m²|
|Balloon Profile:||1568 m²|
|“||A sturdily-built warship with an imposing vertical silhouette, the Galleon was introduced by Yesha shipbuilders as a sentinel to patrol the borders of the Empire and keep the peace. With its isolated aftcastle helm and multiple lower decks, the Galleon requires a large, coordinated crew to operate. Though the weighty, bulky hull limits its mobility, the Galleon asserts its authority with powerful arrays of medium weapons that spell doom for opponents caught in range of its deadly broadsides.||”|
The Galleon is a large ship, as such, it accelerates and turns quite slowly. It can be awkward to fly for new pilots, because it must turn its broadside to face the enemy before firing. Flying a Galleon takes very good positioning and planning because of this.
The Galleon's primary weaknesses are its large balloon and its slow maneuverability.
The Galleon has a large main deck, spanning from the front of the ship to a bit past the center of the ship, where it continues into the main engine room. There are stairs to either side of this entrance which lead up to the aftcastle deck. It has one exterior set of stairs on the starboard side and a ladder at the fore which lead down to the gun deck. There is a ladder at the aft of the aftcastle deck which leads up to the poop deck.
- Slots 1-4 are heavy weapons, mounted on the gun deck.
- Slot 5 is on the port side, midship.
- Slot 6 is at the stern of the ship, pointing backward. (Usually utility, such as a Beacon Flare Gun).
The Galleon is usually found with a long range side (consisting of Typhon Heavy Flak Cannon, Lumberjack Heavy Mortar, or Manticore Heavy Hwacha), and a short range side (consisting of Manticore Heavy Hwacha and Hellhound Heavy Twin Carronade). The port side is the primary weapons, as there is a trifecta there with the main deck's light weapon, leaving the starboard side to be close range and defense. The main deck's light weapon will usually be either a Mercury Field Gun or a Hades Light Cannon. Even if the port guns are short range, they will still be the ship's primary weapons, and the starboard guns will still be more defensive in purpose.
When the Galleon is built for short range, the main deck weapon might be a Whirlwind Light Gatling Gun or a Banshee Light Rocket Carousel. A Gatling may be present even on longer range builds, often loaded with Lesmok Rounds.
The Galleon's hull component is located at midship on the main deck, several meters in from the port gun.
The balloon is located at the port side of the aftcastle deck.
The heavy engine is in the aft engine room, but it can be repaired from below by jumping onto the ledge at the back and jumping once more to reach it.
The light engines are on the gun deck, at the aft of the ship.
The helm is located at the fore of the aftcastle deck.
- In cases in which ship movement is not in top priority, the pilot is able to help repairing and rebuilding the balloon component.
- The pilot should bring a Pipe Wrench.
Main Deck EngineerEdit
- The main deck engineer usually carries the standard repair kit of Mallet, Spanner and a fire-fighting tool, and is responsible for maintaining the armor, balloon, and heavy engine, and for shooting the port light weapon. He should also indicate to the captain when he won't be able to maintain either of these components, so that the captain can decide when to call the gun deck engineer up to help.
- If the gun deck engineer is able to do the ledge jump to the main engine, the main engineer has an easier time to maintain his remaining components.
Gun Deck EngineerEdit
- The gun deck engineer is stationed on the gun deck, and usually shoots the midship guns. Their responsibilities are to maintain the four heavy weapons and at least the two light engines. Jumping onto the ledge and then jumping to reach the main engine from below increases the effectiveness of the Galleon's repair circuits quite a bit.
- If the ship is in tank mode, the engineer helps on hull and balloon.
- The gunner on a Galleon mans the guns on the gun deck. He often fires Lumberjack and Manticore and maintains his own gun if the gun deck engineer is busy.
- If there is only one Manticore to shoot, the reload time is long enough to repair the engines. If there are two Manticores on the same side, the gunner can shoot both by alternating between them without losing DPS. That also gives the secondary engineer more room to maintain guns and help on the top deck for more efficient repairs.
- Additionally if the gun deck engineer helps on top deck, the gunner has to maintain (and shoot) all guns and also take care of the engines.