|Weapons|| ‣ Light Weapons|
‣ Weapon Types ‣ Projectile Weapons ‣ Rocket Launchers
‣ Fire-Starting Weapons
‣ Kill Weapons
| ‣ Artemis Light Rocket Launcher|
|Artemis Light Rocket Launcher Specs|
|Direct Damage:||70 Explosive|
|Burst Damage:||120 Shatter|
|Burst Radius:||2.5 meters|
|Effective Vs:||Hull, Guns, Engines|
|Rate of Fire:||0.63 bullets/s|
|Reload Time:||7 seconds|
|Projectile Speed:||575 m/s|
|Movement and Arcs|
|Horizontal Angles:||65 deg Left; 65 deg Right|
|Vertical Angles:||10 deg Up; 35 deg Down|
|Horizontal Turn:||25 deg/s|
|Vertical Turn:||80 deg/s|
|“||Launches a single explosive rocket over medium/long range.||”|
The Artemis is a slow firing, missile sling with a medium to long effective range. Its raw damage output deals medium hull damage (98 damage to hull), although its reduced rate of fire will often allow enemy crew to rebuild the armor before significant damage has been dealt to the enemy ship. The Artemis deals considerable damage to components in an AoE and is able to destroy most components in 1-2 shots, making this weapon very useful in disabling enemy ships from range.
Common Tactics Edit
The Artemis Light Rocket Launcher provides a ranged weapon for mainly disabling purposes. Although, it can be used to deplete small amounts of hull as well.
This gun can provide potentially life-saving disabling power on ships which rely heavily upon heavy guns as well as the ability to temporarily disable ships by destroying engines - allowing for highly maneuverable ships to gain a significant positional advantage over their opponents. The gun commonly finds a place on Junkers, Mobulas and Pyramidions. Its wide horizontal angle also makes the Artemis a viable option for side guns on most ships. It is commonly accompanied by Piercing weapons like Hades Light Cannon, Mercury Field Gun or Whirlwind Light Gatling Gun.
The Artemis may be considered difficult to aim at high speeds or during intense maneuvers due to its slow projectile speed. It also has a very limited upward arc making Artemis ships very vulnerable if attacked from higher altitudes.
Commonly Used Ammunition Edit
- Increases AoE to 3.75 meters.
- Clip size increased to 5.
- Very useful for disable as it allows for greater inaccuracy from the gunner whilst increasing the chance of hitting multiple components.
- Clip size increased to 5.
- Situational ammunition choice, allows clip to be emptied very rapidly, enabling multiple disables in a short period of time and a larger amount of hull damage (armor would normally be rebuilt before multiple burst rounds can land).
- Useful for obtaining greater range(up to 2267m) with this weapon as well as accuracy.
- Clip size reduced to 3.
- Situational ammunition choice, only for very long range (e.g. outsniping a Lumberjack Heavy Mortar).